Friends of CHUMS’ is looking for engaging, dynamic people to become trustees of the charity. The charity’s purpose is to raise funds and awareness to support CHUMS CIC who deliver Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Services for Children and Young People.
CHUMS CIC currently delivers ten services supporting children and young people’s mental health, as well as support for their families. Services include bereavement, trauma and mild to moderate mental health support.
Some of our services are reliant on charitable funding including our:
- Babyloss Service – supporting parents. grandparents and siblings when a baby dies due to a late miscarriage, stillbirth, medical termination or neonatal death
- Bedfordshire Suicide Bereavement Service – supporting people of all ages who have been bereaved by suicide immediately after a death
- Recreational Therapeutic Service – support for young people aged 9-16 using football and music as tools of engagement
- CHUMS Friendship Scheme – social support for young people aged 13-25 with disabilities in Luton
- These services are delivered using funds raised by the charity through grant applications and community events.
We are currently looking for a named person to take on the role of Treasurer within the charity.
To find out more please contact Dawn Hewitt, CEO on 01525 863924.